I’d like to invite everyone to an upcoming event Lewan & Associates is hosting with our partners: Cisco, NetApp, AppSense, and Citrix
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
2:45 pm – 6:00 pm
Mile High Station
2027 W Lower Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204
2:45 – 3:00 Registration
3:00 – 4:30 Technical Discussion
4:30 – 5:00 Panel Discussion
5:00 – 6 :00 Social Hour with drinks and appetizers
We will have keynote speakers from each vendor discussing their joint architectures for Desktop Virtualization. We’re hoping to even have some of the new Cisco VXI client’s onsite for people to see too. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11295/Products_Sub_Category_Home.html
We’ll conclude with a panel discussion led by leaders from Lewan, Cisco, NetApp, AppSense, and Citrix where everyone will have an opportunity to ask questions of the panel…which should lead to a lively discussion!
A social hour with drinks and appetizers will give everyone some one-on-one time with the technical resources from the vendors and time to mingle and meet your industry peers.
Things we’ll be covering:
- Ideas to improve your architecture to deploy a virtual environment to end users
- How to easily manage your virtual deployment and endpoints
- How virtual deployment affects your network
- How to manage and size your storage environment
- How to deploy VOIP as part of a desktop virtualization project
Questions we hope you’ll have answered when you leave:
- I’ve heard that using video in a virtual desktop won’t work, is that true or false?
- I’ve heard that desktop virtualization is expensive, how can I reduce the cost of a desktop virtualization project?
- I’ve heard that disk IO is critical in desktop virtualization, what methods are available for optimizing disk for desktop virtualization, or virtualization in general?
- I’m not going to do any desktop virtualization today, but I might in the future, how do I begin building for that future state?